Saturday, September 4, 2010

Mock Duck Foo Yung


This picture has distorted color, but the dish really isn't the most vibrant of dishes! I have never had or seen Egg Foo Yung before, so I wasn't really sure how the presentation was supposed to go. I found this recipe, and did what I could with what I had in my kitchen.
  • 1/2 onion, julienne
  • olive oil, for sauteing
  • 10oz mock duck which I found at a local asian foods market--------->
  • 3/4 c cooked corn kernels
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • a couple Tbs soy sauce
  • rice vermicelli, I cooked enough for two servings
  • thinly sliced scallions, to garnish
  1. Saute the onion in olive oil, until it begins the caramelize.
  2. Add the mock duck pieces and corn and cook for about 3 more minutes.
  3. Next, pour over the egg mixture and soy sauce and cook through.
  4. I mixed the ingredients sort of into a scramble, but I think its supposed to be cooked more like an omelet.
  5. serve the egg mixture over top of the rice noodles, and top with fresh scallions.
This was super decadent, I actually couldn't finish my whole bowl because it was so rich. It was still very delicious. If I make this again I will invite guests. There were probably at least 4-5 servings in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment